Circle the correct answers.
1. What cause waste to decay?
B. Flash floods
C. Toxic gases
2. Which of the following statements is not true?
A. Waste that do not decay are biodegradable
B. Some microorganisms cause waste to decay
C. Some waste can decay, while others do not
D. Examples of waste that can decay are vegetables and plants
3. Which is the most suitable way to handle used plastic containers?
A. I and II
B. II and IV
C. III and IV
D. I, II and III
Fill in the blanks with the correct answer.
1.( ) cause some waste to decay.
2. Some waste return( ) to the soil.
3. The waste that can decay is( ) .
4. The ( ) waste cannot decay when buried.
Choose the true or false for the statements below
1. Microorganisms cause all waste to decay.
2. Biodegradable materials can be decayed by microorganisms.
3. During the decaying process, nutrients are returned to the soil.
4. Metal tins and plastic containers are not waste because they cannot decay.
5. All waste can decay and need to be disposed of properly.