Circle the correct answers.
1. What does food preservation mean?
A. To add vinegar to food
B. To keep food in a cold place
C. To change the appearance of food
D. To keep food from becoming spoilt
2. The diagram below shows a method of preserving chillies.
The aim of this method is to _______________.
A. remove air from the chillies
B. increase acidity of the chillies
C. prevent bacteria in the chillies
D. remove water from the chillies
3. What are the methods to preserve food?
A. I, II and III B. I, III and IV
C. II, III and IV D. I, II, III and IV
Fill in the blank with the correct answer.
1. Drying involves the removal of _______________ contained in the food.
2. When food is boiled ,the _______________ present in the food are killed.
3.Food kept at _______________ temperature spoils faster than frozen food.
4. The colder the environment ,the _______________ the growth of microorganisms.
Choose True or False for the statements below.
1. Drying involves the removal of air from food.
2. Fresh food such as fish and meat can last longer than dried food, examples are flour and rice.
3. We can make the environment unsuitable for microorganisms to live in.
4. In a cool condition, microorganisms become inactive.
5. Food can be preserved in airtight cans or bottles.