Wednesday 16 November 2011

Worksheet 25

Evaluation:

Circle the correct answers.

  1. Which of the following are examples of waste?

I. Smoke and dust from open burning

II. Toxic chemical wastes from factories

III. Insecticides and pesticides from farms

IV. Rotten fruits and vegetables form food stalls

A. I and III

B. II and IV

C. I, II and III

D. I,II,III and IV

  1. What is meant by waste material?

A. Things that we no longer use

B. Things that we have in excess

C. Things that we can reuse and recycle

D. Things that we can keep for a long period

3. Which of the following are waste materials that are disposed of into the environment?

I. Paper

II. Glass

III. Metal

IV. Chemical waste

A. I, II, III

B. I, III, IV

C. II, III, IV

D. I, II, III, IV

1. Any unwanted material that is disposed of is considered as a _________________.

2. ________________ include leftover food, decaying fruits and vegetables.

3. Wastes from factories include _______________ and poisonous smoke.

4. Wastes from motor vehicles and _______________ include smoke and dust.

Choose True or False for the statements below.

1. We dispose waste in the form of solid, liquid or gas.

True

False

2. Solid wastes include chemicals, detergent, oil and sewage.

True

False

3. Rubbish thrown into drains and rivers pollute our air.

True

False

4. Some plastic materials give out toxic gases when burned.

True

False

5. Waste is any material that can be recycled.

True

False


No comments:

Post a Comment