Circle the correct answers.
- Which of the following are examples of waste?
I. Smoke and dust from open burning
II. Toxic chemical wastes from factories
III. Insecticides and pesticides from farms
IV. Rotten fruits and vegetables form food stalls
A. I and III
B. II and IV
C. I, II and III
D. I,II,III and IV
- What is meant by waste material?
A. Things that we no longer use
B. Things that we have in excess
C. Things that we can reuse and recycle
D. Things that we can keep for a long period
3. Which of the following are waste materials that are disposed of into the environment?
IV. Chemical waste
A. I, II, III
B. I, III, IV
C. II, III, IV
D. I, II, III, IV
1. Any unwanted material that is disposed of is considered as a _________________.
2. ________________ include leftover food, decaying fruits and vegetables.
3. Wastes from factories include _______________ and poisonous smoke.
4. Wastes from motor vehicles and _______________ include smoke and dust.
Choose True or False for the statements below.
1. We dispose waste in the form of solid, liquid or gas.
2. Solid wastes include chemicals, detergent, oil and sewage.
3. Rubbish thrown into drains and rivers pollute our air.
4. Some plastic materials give out toxic gases when burned.
5. Waste is any material that can be recycled.