Circle the correct answers.
1. Where do rubbish trucks dispose of the rubbish?
II. In the sea
III. In the river
A. I and II B. I and IV
C. II and III D. III and IV
2. What is a proper way of waste disposal?
A. Throw metal tins into rivers.
B. Throw food waste into drains
C. Throw rubbish in a closed rubbish bin
D. Bury plastic containers in the garden
Fill in the blanks with the correct answer.
1. The ( ) are responsible for the proper disposal of waste.
2. Rubbish needs to be put in ( ) that are tied up.
3. The collected waste is disposed of at ( ) or in incinerators.
4. An ( ) is an equipment that burns wastes at high temperatures.
Choose the correct answer.
1. Most of the rubbish collected from homes is sent to landfills.
2. An incinerator is a site designated for the disposal of waste by burial.
3. Reusing old materials helps to increase waste.
4. One way of improving waste disposal is to reduce, reuse and recycle.
5. The collected waste is disposed of at landfills only.