Circle the correct answers.
1. Meat stays fresh for a longer period when kept in a refrigerator because
the low temperature _____________________.
A. dries up the bacteria
B. kills all the microorganisms
C. makes the bacteria less active
D. reduces the water content in the meat
2. Which of the following statements is not true about the microorganisms?
A. Microorganisms live well in acidic solution
B. Microorganisms will die in highly acidic conditions
C. Microorganisms reproduce actively in neutral conditions
D. Microorganisms do not reproduce in low acidity conditions
3. Microorganisms reproduce rapidly in places that are __________________.
A. I and II B. I and IV
C. II and III D. III and IV
Choose True or False for the statements below.
1. Without water in food, bacteria and fungi can grow.
2. Microorganisms cannot grow in a low acidic medium.
3. Microorganisms cannot grow in food which is soaked in vinegar because
vinegar is an acidic solution.
4. When food is boiled, all microorganisms will be killed.
5. Microorganisms grow well in dry and cold conditions.