Lesson 1: Interaction Among Living Things
Understanding that some animals live in groups and others live in solitary
• Theme: Investigating Living Things
• Learning Area: Interaction Among the Animals
• Learning Objective: Understanding that some animals live in groups and others live in solitary
Pupils will go through an overview of how animals live and plants grow in different habitats and their interaction.
• Plants and animals interact with one another;
• Plants and animals interact with the environment.
• Observing, classifying, making inferences, interpreting data, making conclusions, comparing and contrasting.
Vocabulary/ New Words:
• Temperature, amount, food, air, water, solitary, groups, predators, prey.
• Having an interest in and curiosity about the environment.
• Being diligent and persevering.
• Realising that science is a means to understand nature.
• Thinking rationally
Point(s) to Note:
Play a video related to habitats. Pause the video for a while. Encourage pupils to give other examples of habitats. Teacher shows some pictures of habitats, Ask pupils to give examples of animals living in these habitats. Ask pupils why animals live in these habitats. Teacher relates difference animals live in difference habitats.
Teacher guides pupils to give examples of basic needs of animals. Give some examples of animals such as lion, squirrel and frog; ask pupils the needs of these examples and relate the basic needs of animals can be fulfil by the habitats they live. Divide the pupils into two groups and gather information on the habitats they live and basic needs of these animals. Encourage pupils to list some examples that related to habitat and animals live in these particular habitats. State reasons why habitat that is suitable for one animal may no t be suitable for another. Teacher gives some factors that affect the survival of the animals living in this habitat. Prompt pupils to give examples of animals that require some particular of living condition such as temperature, amount of food, air and water.
Teacher plays a video relate to animals in solitary and groups. Ask pupils why some animals live in solitary and some live in groups. Guide pupils to have some idea on what animals do in their habitat.
Pupils watch a video how lion catch zebra and eaten the zebra. Based on video, guide the pupils to understand predators and preys. Encourage pupils to give other examples of predators and preys.
Pupils watch a video on the interaction among plants. Based on the video, teacher shows some plants taller than other plants, some plants grow on the ground. Teacher pause video for a while and ask pupils to give reasons why do trees have different heights. Teacher shows picture of staghorn fern and langsuyar plant. Tell pupils both plants grow on the branch of a big tree. Ask pupils why these plants live on the branch of the big trees. Encourage pupils to give some other examples of plants that live on the branch of the big trees.
Teacher concludes that in the following lessons, class will learn more about interaction among animals and plants.
Pupils watch a video on the interaction among plants. Guide the pupils to answer the questions given on the video.
Component : Content
- Laman Utama
- My Lesson - SCIENCE YEAR 6
- My Worksheet - SCIENCE 6
- My Video - Science
- My Microteaching - BAHASA MELAYU TAHUN 1
- My Macroteaching - BAHASA MELAYU TAHUN 1
- Useful Link ( SCIENCE )
- BAHASA MELAYU ( TAHUN 2 )
- Glossary for Science
- Bank soalan & jawapan Bahasa Melayu Tahun 2
- My Video - BM Tahun 2
- BAHASA MELAYU ( TAHUN 3 )
- Visit To A Zoo ( Johor Bahru )